Have you started you a new food business but unable to run it for long? Are you wondering why it foils down when you have never left any recoupment of money invested? So here is your answer, anyone can start a food and beverage business but there are very few who did not end up with fail. This article will help you to know what are the points that should be kept in mind while establishing a food and beverage business so that it will not make you disappoint and take you to the zenith of success.
Following are the mistakes that should be avoided:
- Limited Access to Market Insights: Although it is not that crucial to access in market insights during the strategy-building process because this information is very costly. But the brand owner gives the privilege to learn the importance of market research far especially when the retailers start cutting down the category and denying their recently produced products. Besides, brand owner can obtain Trademark registration to enhance its brand in the market and make it a strong identity. Understanding the consumer and shopper trends could be beneficial for your fortune.
- Essential Brand and Design Mistakes: Around 10% of the new product developments gives priority to pay a bit more to recruit professional packaging design experts. The well-done packaging design can add great value to your business which you should never underestimate. 99% of the customers at a first time buy your product to attract towards the visual impression. It is the key to the presentation. There are so many companies who can invest its money in the development of a new product but hardly spent hundreds in hiring a designer. Resulting in bad response.
- The Product Development Process: The entrepreneurs of food and beverage often avoid to evaluate the risks they have taken while trying to create the product in their kitchen. The food must meet the FSSAI Standards. So, it will be beneficial, you can obtain FSSAI Food License. Scalability should be maintained. There are various ingredients having different prices and certificates. In the case of drinks development, you will definitely deal with the problems that may bring the product down quickly if they are being untreated or if the product is developed without getting any help of an experienced food professionals.
- Underfunding and Business Model Failures: It is necessary for a successful food and beverage business running to have a proper and healthy business model. It also requires enough capital to execute it. Most of the startups are usually have one or two men armies with lots of ambition but only 24 hours in a day and no cash to afford any additional help. Seldom has it worked but it often burns out the owners, ruins the passion and leaves many bugs in the system. They have very little information on managing a drinks business and very few entrepreneurs can deal with it.
- The Route to the Market: Of course, there are so many brands competing with each other for a limited shelf and fridge space in the consumer’s home but still most of the retailers do not care about it. They do not give priority to the brands that have not yet demonstrated. They are much ahead for replacing it and bring another product that is relatively doing well. Even if any new brand somehow gets a deal with one of the major retail accounts then it tends to disappear from the selves within a half year as it fails to deliver on its promises and expectations.
- The Bottom Line: Most of the beverage startups focus on including the whole periodic table to their functional drinks. Hence spend a lot of time and money on the product development system which results to fail very soon. Rest entrepreneurs focus on the drink only thinking that it will sell itself without any external push. There have been always a balance between a healthy business practice model, marketing, product, brand, communication, and promotion for the successful brands. Many businessmen of food have only one aspect i.e. balance between the above things.
This article has been contributed by Sarubpreet Kaur who is a content writer with LegalRaasta.